AUG 4 2018
Aug 4 2018
FWD Shoot Out Race #5
DOUBLE POINTS IN ALL DIVISION
CLICK HERE for printer friendly version of rules.
2018 Front Wheel Drive 4
Front Wheel Drive 4 2018
GENERAL - tech man has right to check this every week
- Must be a stock 4 cylinder car
- No turbo or rotary engines allowed
- Stock-type fuel injection or stock manufactured carburetor only
(Motorcraft, etc...). No Holley, Weber or other racing carburetors
allowed – carburetor must be stock for the car.
- Motor must be stock appearing and in stock location
- Motor must match car (ex. Honda must have Honda engine)
- Any air or oil filters (K&N, etc.)
- No cold air intakes for fuel injections – must be stock type breather
- Aftermarket radiators okay – radiators can be braced for support
- No aftermarket (racing) headers. Factory production header allowed
without any tuning alterations.
- Computer may be chipped and/or tuned.
NOTE: It is helpful to have a manual for your make and model car or
truck if you are concerned that a question will come up in post race
- All cars must weigh 2,200 pounds with car and driver after the race
Body / Wheel / Tire Rules:
- Any front or rear wheel drive car or truck
- No all-wheel drive cars / trucks or all wheel steer cars
- Must have stock rear and front suspensions as from factory
- No racing springs (lowering) or shocks allowed
- Stock production cars only
- Mirrors are allowed
- Must have a quality welded 4 point roll cage inside the car with a
minimum of 0.95" thickness tubing – SCDRA has final say in safety of
- Minimum 3 door bars / 2 side door bars – 6 point cages okay
- No push bars past firewall
- Racing seat, racing fuel cell and window nets are highly
- 5 point harness /seat bolted to the roll-cage not the floorboard
- Spoked aftermarket wheels allowed – 7 inch maximum
- Street legal DOT tires required. No drag radials, mud grip lug tires,
racing tires or racing recapped tires allowed
- Tires can be mixed and matched for stagger - any standard DOT
street tire - Regular car tires only - No Hoosier street tires or racing
recaps - must be standard street tires. Directional tires are allowed.
- Aftermarket nose pieces allowed
- 6 inch metal support to extend out behind nosepiece or to hold grill
in place allowed
- No push bars to extend beyond nose piece.
-DOES NOT HAVE STOCK DECK LID. MUST HAVE A SEPERATION FROM THE FUEL CELL AND THE DRIVER MADE OF METAL SO FUEL CAN NOT SPILL ON DRIVER
- USRA has final ruling on all questions of legality. A pre-race
inspection will be made to ensure SAFETY only.
- Questions of legality can and will be answered during the pre-race
inspection if asked by entrant. No guarantee of legality shall be
expressed or implied during pre-race inspection. Legality will be
determined in POST-race inspection.
- Competitors must present cars for inspection prior to participating in
any racing event.
- Drivers are required to wear a racing helmet. Fire resistant gloves,
uniform and shoes are highly recommended.
- No radios allowed
- RACEceivers or a like device is mandatory at all times on track.
Posted by Wayne Clayton