AUG 4 2018
Aug 4 2018
FWD Shoot Out Race #5
DOUBLE POINTS IN ALL DIVISION
CLICK HERE for printer friendly version of rules.
2018 renegade (Gaffney)
Stock unless otherwise stated.
Please see drawings at end of rule book: The objective of body rules are to keep the cars looking similar to each other and as close to stock while keeping them Race Cars.
1. Wheelbase - Stock wheel base for chassis being ran. Any chassis with a weelbase shorter that 108 will not be allowed. No Jeeps or Station wagons.
2. Rubber nose O.K. Nose must match tailpiece. (If you have a Camaro nose, you must run a Camaro tailpiece, Monte Carlo, Nova Charger, etc.) NO exotic or late model style noses or elephant ears allowed.
3. Must run FULL tailpiece rear of car. Tailpiece must match model of nose. Bumper cover cannot be made of sheet metal.
4. Must run complete, enclosed cockpit. Must have steel floor pan under driver. Front firewall location may be moved for engine clearance. Firewall may be replaced-aluminum or steel material only. Top & Quarters must be stock looking. Deck height not to exceed 1 higher than stock. Doors & fenders may be aluminum. Cars must remain stock appearing.
5. Spoiler - maximum height 6". May run side spoilers. 6" high x 12" long. May have one 4" spoiler inside car.
5. Weight - 3250 lbs.-after race with driver.
6. No exposed bars.
7. Body must sit on frame in OEM position.
8. Aftermarket dirt bodies allowed. Must be approved by track.
9. All bodies should carry original body lines.
10. AR Bodies OK.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
1. Front suspension components must remain stock or stock type for type of chassis running unless otherwise stated. This includes draglinks, tie rods, spindles, etc. FRONT SUSPENSION!
2. Steering - stock type - Quickeners OK.
3. Front spring spacers O.K. NO front screw jacks allowed. OEM rear trailing arms only. Rear spring- jack bolts OK. Rear spring buckets OK. (Rear jack bolt buckets can be NO taller that 6.)
4. Springs may be changed. Must remain in stock location. (Racing springs OK) NO stack springs.
5. A-Frames - Upper may be tubular steel or modified O.E.M. Longer GM stock type ball joints OK on upper only. (NO screw in ball joints) - Lower control arm must be O.E.M for frame used, must remain unaltered in stock position. Stock type replacement ball joints only. (NO long ball joint may be used on lower) (NO screw in ball joints allowed). No mono-balls allowed. Must run rubber bushings only.
6. Shocks - Front - Bilstien #AK1043 only. (Front shock can be raised 3 only. May lower 2 only. Must use lower stock mounting points.) Rear Bilstien #SSR1 only. May move rear shocks.
7. Engine Location: # 1 sparkplug even with center top ball joint.
8. Framework may be reinforced. Uni-body cars (frames) must have stock floor pan and must be in stock location.
9. Remote power steering reservoirs are legal.
1. Engine must be same make as car. Engine must be STRICTLY STOCK. NO factory high performance allowed.
2. Cubic inch - Chevy- 350 C.I.- Ford - 351 C.I.-Chrysler - 360 C.I.
3. Block - stock cast iron OEM, may overbore .060 MAXIMUM- NO TOLERANCE! May deck block to .000 deck only NO TOLERANCE
4. Crankshaft - Factory stock for engine running or Scat part # 4-350-3480 or Eagle part # ESP103503480 & ESP103523480 only. NO CUTTING ALLOWED.
5. Rods - factory stock for engine running OK. NO WORK ALLOWED OF ANY KIND. May run any rod bolt. May run Eagle rod part #ESP5700BPLW or Scat part # SCA-25700P. Floating pin OK.
6. Pistons - May use any flat top or dish stock replacement piston, forged or Hypereutectic. Flat top piston must have 4 valve reliefs (factory). NO custom machining allowed, must use standard (wide) ring package 5/64th", 5/64th", 3/16th". Coating on skirts OK.
7. Intake - factory stock, cast iron, low rise only. Valley pan OK. NO AFTER MARKET INTAKES ALLOWED
8. Heads - factory stock, cast iron OEM straight plug only, screw in studs allowed, must be 3/8" STD. NO high performance or double hump allowed. NO BLEND WORK ALLOWED. No less than 70 CC. Competition Valve job OK, may not bore below guide boss. May run roller rockers 1.5 ratio for Chevy, 3/8 stud, no stud girdles allowed. Buy rule $225. For other engine manufacturers, stock rocker ratio. Any steel valve spring. Any steel retainer. POLYLOCKS O.K. GUIDE PLATES O.K. Stock diameter stainless steel valves OK.
9. Camshaft - MUST BE Flat Tappet HYDRAULIC LIFTERS ONLY. Any timing chain. May degree camshaft. Cam must be OEM 425 maximum lift for Chevrolet; others will be .450 maximum lift.
10. Oil pan - Any wet sump.
11. Balancers - factory stock. NO AFTER MARKET.
12. Aftermarket pulley system & belts OK.
13. Any plugs & plug wires OK.
14. NO electric radiator cooling fans
15. NO electric water pumps.
1. Any standard 4 into 1 collector header. Any length pipe, must stay same diameter. No coatings allowed. No tri-ys- No "X" or merge type pipes allowed.
2. Exhaust EVAC system OK.
1. Fuel-Track fuel ONLY. Must pass track test.
2. Carburetor- OEM Stock single line 2 barrel or 4 barrel for make. Must use stock or stock replacement gasket. May drill holes in butterflies. No spacer allowed. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE. Or may run box stock Holley 650 #4777. No 4 corner idle screws. May run 1 adapter for Holley carb. to stock manifold with no more than (2) .070 thick gaskets. May remove choke flap. May drill holes in butterflies. Must pass track gauges. May run maximum 2 air cleaner riser.
3. Fuel pump - stock OEM only.
4. Fuel cell MANDATORY (mounted in metal can)
5. NO cold air boxes, may cut hole in hood for air cleaner with 4 1/2 max. tall scoop or air deflector. Scoop may be no more than 4" wider than air cleaner.
1. Stock appearing distributor with stock appearing module. May lock advance and/or change springs.
2. May run brass distributor gear.
1. Clutch - Factory stock OEM style clutch. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE.
2. Pressure plate - Factory stock OEM style. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE
3. Flywheel - Factory stock. May resurface, NO lightening. 14 lbs. min. weight. Z-28 O.K.
4. Release Bearing - Hydraulic bearings OK. May run hydraulic slave cylinder.
4. Scatter shield or 3/16" plate around flywheel area- MANDATORY.
5. Transmission - Factory automatic or straight drive. Must have all working gears.
6. Drive shaft - Factory steel only. 1 1/2" minimum diameter.
7. Rearend: Stock factory or 9" Ford. Any ratio O.K. Posi-traction or locked OK. Floater OK. 9" Ford mounting points must be stock type with NO adjustability. 4 1/2" max- 3 1/2" min from center of axle tube to center of trailing arm bolt. (Any Additional Holes MUST Be Removed) Gun drilled axles OK. NO titanium.
8. Rear Trailing Arms:
Lower: OEM rear trailing arms only, must remain stock.
Upper: May change length or relocate bolt holes for pinion angle.
Left & Right Lower trailing arms must be same length.
Left & Right Upper trailing arms must be same length.
1. Stock type 4 wheel disk O.K., NO AFTER MARKET, NO ALUMINUM. Must have operational 4 wheel braking system.
2. Racing pedals O.K. Brake adjusters inside of car O.K.
TIRES & WHEELS:
1. 60 or 70 series street tire. TOWELL CITY RECAPS track tire. NO grooving or sipping.
2. 8" max width steel wheel.
2. Large wheel studs and lugs nuts OK
3. Beadlocks OK- Outward facing only.
Protest: protest 3 items $300.00 with track retaining $100.00
Bottom end only protest: $600.
Option 1: Weigh crank/check journals, visual rod and piston from the bottom. Crank will be weighed with gear and pilot.
Option 2: Remove rod and piston from engine and visual crank/check journals in place.
Shock buy rule: Front $80 each. Rear $125 each.
Posted by HarrisPR