© 2003 Harris Motor Speedway All rights
2019 V6 Front Wheel Drive
V6 Front Wheel Drive
V6 Front Wheel Drive
This division is open to any GM, Ford, or Chrysler 2-door or 4-door full or midsize
front wheel drive cars.
No SUV's, Van's or Crossover's.
Cars must be production V-6 engine front wheel drive only.
The minimum stock wheelbase allowed is 105 inches.
Naturally aspirated Only. No turbos, superchargers, or nitrous.
Car numbers must be painted on side panels and on the roof in a contrasting color. All lettering must legible from the scoring tower.
1. A complete set of approved roll bars are required in driver's compartment.Must have a minimum 4 point roll cage. Roll bars must be welded.
2. Tube Bumpers allowed ends must be rounded no sharp edges and can be covered by a stock bumper cover.No aftermarket bumpercovers . Must have loop or hook on front and rear for wrecker.
3. Bars are allowed past the firewall from the cage to the front bumper.and front end of car in the case of a wall hit
4. All doors must be welded or strapped.
5. All glass must be removed.
6. All burnable type material, floor mats, head liners, rear seats, etc. must be removed. Complete bumper to bumper steel unitized body must be retained except doors they can be sheet metal but keeping factory shape.
7. The Fuel Tank/Cell must be separated from the driver compartment.
8. The stock steel floor pan and firewall must remain. (Fuel cells, properly attached may be located in the trunk)
9. Cars must retain their strictly stock appearance, no cutting chopping,
channeling, or shortening allowed. Hoods must be kept in place at all times with two hood pins.
10. Approved window net required.
11. Racing approved shoulder harness and lap belts are required. Racing seat is required.
12. All Air bags must be removed.
13. Fire suit required and Fire extinguisher must be mounted within reach of
driver. Must have an approved auto racing helmet.
Suspension, Tires, Wheels, Weights
1. Suspension parts may be altered. No Racing parts will be allowed OEM or Replacement aftermarket parts only.
2. No Racing wheels. Any stock wheel allowed with a 7in maximum width.
3. All tires must be regular passenger car tires. No “DOT” stamped racing
tires, Tires may not be wider than a 225
(example”P225/75r15"). Minimum tread wear rating will be 400.
No doughnut tires allowed.
4. All weights have to be approved by tech man . No lose weights they must be securely fastened with at least two bolts and locking nuts.
5. Minimum weight for cars 3000 pounds
1. The engines must be strictly stock for that model and make and in its
2. A/C and heat components may be removed.
3. Smog equipment may be removed.
4. Air cleaner to oil pan must be all factory equipment!
1. Stock transmission and differential only.
2. No aftermarket external oil coolers.
3. All transmission lines must be covered or run outside of driver area.
4. Automatic transmissions only will be allowed.
5. No locked differentials.
1. Only one radiator can be used.
2. Radiator must remain in original position.
3. No coolant or gas lines in the driver area of car.
1. Fuel cells permitted and may be placed in the trunk area if securely
fastened. Must have a minimum of two (2) steel holding straps. We strongly suggest a racing fuel cell not to exceed 12 gallons. If using factory gas tank it must be original for make and model and in original location.
2. Batteries may be relocated in a securely fastened covered plastic or rubber container.
Tech man has final say.
$25 to check for locked differential protester must supply jack.
Buyout Rule for V6 $2000.00. Any Competitor finishing in second or third place may claim/buy the car finishing directly in front of them for $2000.
Refusal to sell car results in disqualification and a two week suspension.
Person being claimed may also claim/buy the claimers car for $1750. Refusal to sell will result in disqualification and a two week suspension. Only the Top 3 (three) finishers may utilize the claim rule. This does not include racing seat, belts, window net, and steering wheel(or any additional safety equipment). Any sabotage during the course of a claim will result in disqualification and indefinite suspension.
The track reserves the right to add weight to a car that has shown accelerated progress in this division.
Track reserves right to adjust rules in the spirit of competition at any time
This web site was created for Harris Motor Speedway by WayneClayton.
All materials, both visual and written, are property of Harris Motor Speedway and Wayne Clayton. Duplication, replication, or other un-authorized use of
this web site, or materials within are strictly prohibited. Where applicable,
violations will be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible under law.